At Sound Telecom, we recognize some of our call center staff with the Super-Agent Award throughout the year. What does it take to become a Super-Agent? Here’s what goes into it.
The cape helps, but supersonic hearing is a must. They have the ability to leap problems in a single bound and obliterate caller complaints with laser vision.Â A super-agent is more than a pretty face with chiseled features sitting on the phone, typing faster than a speeding bullet. Â Their strength is derived from a strong pot of coffee which infuses them with the power to deliver superior customer service.
Now that weâ€™ve landed on Earth and assumed the identity of a call center agent, letâ€™s discuss the metrics involved in measuring a well-rounded agentâ€™s impressive Â ability and what it takes to capture a Super-Agent award.
We are constantly monitoring and measuring how our agents handle calls. There are several metrics we have in place that we calculate to find their Quality Score.
- Average Time to Answer- is simply the number of times the phone rings before it is answered.
- Call Abandonment Rate- the rate of callers that hang up before the call is answered.
- Average Call Duration- the time on average that an agent is talking to a caller.
- Script Accuracy- how well does the agent stick to the script for each call.
- Resolution Percentage- how often is the caller acheiving their goal
These are some of the key performance indicators we use to to calculate an agent’s Quality Score. Winners of the Super-Agent award always score in the mid to high 90s (out of 100). But that’s not all that goes into it.
When the Super-Agent hangs up the phone and removes his/her cape, there are other components that come into play that aren’t always measured when they’re on a call.
- Attendance- Itâ€™s important that a Super-Agent be reliable.Â Knowing they can be counted on at the date and time scheduled is very important to the operation.
- Attitude-A positive outlook is critical. Call center work can be very demanding and knowing how to deal with difficult situations is a must.
- Team player- The agent commits to the organization as a whole, customers, and co-workers.Â The agent serves and nourishes, gives rather than takes, and seeks the best interest of the team.
- Good customer service skills- The art of good people skills is always helpful and it’s easy to tell that a Super-Agent has a passion for service.
There is a lot that goes into selecting a Super-Agent. Some people win it after being with us for years and others are able to claim it after only a few months. But what they all have in common is that they take pride in their work and love helping callers. And cape or no cape, that’s what we are all about.
Some of our past winners include…
Congratulations! To all who put their eyes on the prize, work hard, and achieve this lofty goal, we applaud you!