Video conferencing is an exciting technology that allows people to visually connect over great distances. I know that my kids love it because they get to see their grandmother every weekend and she lives 1,500 miles away! Business professionals are using more and more video conferencing to accomplish a great number of goals such as:
- Visually relate with customers and prospects with important “face time”
- Increasing effective decision-making by shortening meetings
- Talk with multiple employees at the same time that may be in multiple locations
- Reduce expensive travel costs to virtually nothing
- Improve project management by linking implementation teams virtually and on short notice
- Create an effective training channel
- Improve customer relationships
- And more…
Sound Telecom provides professional call center support services for its clients on a nationwide basis. Many of our customers do not have the time or money to visit our call centers. Video conferencing has been a way that allows Sound Telecom to bridge the distance gap and allow our project management teams to work directly with our customers.
In addition to using video conferencing, powerful desktop document sharing programs are available online for little to no cost. Not only can you see the folks you are working with but you can share documents with them in real time, and even share actual computer desk tops.
Video conferencing is a powerful learning tool. Instead of reading a 25-page manual, you can talk with the professionals face-to-face to learn how to use new products and services. Whatever your application may be, consider using video conferencing to solve one of the most important challenges all business professionals face – bringing people together in an effective manner.