Live Chat has many advantages for ecommerce companies.
Let’s be honest, more people than ever before are shopping online. And why wouldn’t they? It’s just soooooo convenient. I could lay in bed, order whatever I want, and then the biggest effort I would have to put forth is walking to the door to get the package when it arrived a couple days later. Hopefully I got out of bed between the ordering and the delivery, but let’s not get caught up in those details.
One of the best things for consumers about online shopping is how easy it is to click between websites, which is the equivalent of walking out the door of one business and into another. That convenience as an online shopper presents a difficult challenge for companies who do business on their website. If they aren’t providing the perfect experience for visitors, they risk letting potential buyers click their way out the door.
Online businesses need a way that they can help visitors to their site and move them along in the buying process. Companies that use a tool on their websites called Live Chat have the ability to interact with visitors to their site, answer questions potential buyers might have, and close the deal more frequently. Providing that element of accessibility is a huge leg up for businesses as it enables them to enhance the customer experience and serve visitors on a more personal level.
Live Chat can function in a variety of ways. A button can sit in plain view on desired web pages that can be clicked by a visitor to initiate a chat session when they have a question. A more proactive way to harness Live Chat is to set up automatic prompts. To engage more visitors in a Live Chat session, automatic triggers based on predefined visitor behavior can prompt a chat box to pop up on the userâ€™s screen that invites them to get their questions answered, or simply remind them they have the Live Chat option available to them. Finally, agents can take the initiative to kick start a Live Chat session when they see that visitors have viewed a certain number/kind of pages or have been on the website for a predetermined amount of time.
One of the greatest components of Live Chat is that businesses can outsource this function to companies like Sound Telecom who have an established history of implementing successful Live Chat programs. Partnering with a reputable provider immediately gives businesses the ability to cater towards their site visitors and potential customers on a 24/7 basis.
Key pieces to an effective Live Chat program often includes features like:
- Text-based Chat
- Email Response
- Voice Escalation
- Customer Interaction History
- Response Libraries
- Exit Surveys
- Advanced Security
Providing fast and accurate information through Live Chat has many benefits for companies. Here are 10 of the greatest advantages:
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Reduce abandoned shopping carts by closing more sales and increasing online revenue
- Ability to assist customers and hold their hands as they make large purchases
- Opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling
- Minimize product returns by helping customers make better informed buying decisions in the first place
- A higher level of service helps differentiate companies from their competition
- Multilingual chat sessions create a worldwide presence with international sales opportunities
- Potential to develop visitor email address databases when transcripts of conversations are requested at end of chat dialogue
- Immediate customer responses to survey at the end of sessions provide valuable information
- Quick response time to customer emails are handled efficiently by the same Live Chat agents using well-defined Response Libraries
Overall, creating a more pleasant, reliable, and convenient experience for online customers greatly benefits companies and website visitors in a variety of ways. Utilizing Live Chat is a proven method to make customers happy and grow online businesses.