Sometimes, all it takes to separate your company from the competition is great customer service. Here are 10 ways to improve your customer experience and truly set your business apart.
How does a company¬† differentiate¬† themselves from the competition and come out on top?¬† In the same manner an Alpha wolf declares his dominance within the pack, with sheer determination and perseverance. ¬†¬†Successful businesses have to harness the same determination and make a dedicated effort to providing a truly positive and memorable experience for their customers. By having¬† a Customer-Centric focus that penetrates all the way to the core of the business, companies can set themselves apart and enjoy all the success that comes with being known as a Customer Service Superstar.
There’s no reason your organization can’t make that happen. All you have to do is follow these 10 tips for Great Customer Service, which should be etched into every company philosophy:
1. Respond ASAP– It‚Äôs a matter of respect! As they say, time is money, and by showing your respect for your customer’s time, you demonstrate your level of care for them. ¬†A prompt response shows your attentiveness, even if unable to bring a conclusion to issues addressed, your response shows your consideration.
2. Keep Customers Informed– When addressing an issue or interaction with your customer, best practice would dictate you keep your customer informed of your progress being made on their behalf. Don’t make them reach out to you to ask. Instead, proactively keep them in the loop along the way.
3. Go Above and Beyond– After reading the ‚ÄúThank You Economy‚ÄĚ by Gary Vaynerchuk, I learned the power of going above and beyond the expected.¬† If it‚Äôs your customer’s desire to shoot for the moon, well, help them get there! Furthermore, relationships that are forged with great customer service practices, while being nurtured with random act of kindness, form a solid foundation on which lasting relationships are built.
4. Fix Your Mistakes– Mistakes¬† happen, so take ownership. Never shy away from the problem, fix the problem, and inform your customer¬† with the resolution¬† that resulted.¬† They will thank you in the long run. ¬†Besides, it‚Äôs always best to have an offensive plan with a resolution rather than excuses.
5. Listen to Your Customer‚Äôs Needs– Listening is essential! ¬†That‚Äôs why we have two ears and one mouth so we can hear twice as much as we speak. ¬†Listening helps us to better assist¬† customers. When we rid ourselves of¬† preconceived notions, ask questions, and give our undivided attention to the conversation at hand, we gain a wealth of information to assist with a more than a satisfactory resolution.
6. Keep Your Promise– Integrity is so important. If you tell someone you are going to do something, do it!¬† Your word is all you have and those you do business with will know they can trust you, as well as count on you to get things done.
7. Don‚Äôt Confuse Customers With Industry Jargon– For example, there are Call Center terms that may leave customers wondering¬† what in the world is he/she talking about?¬† Make sure to bring the conversation to a level that makes sense to them, without making them feel unintelligent.¬† If you‚Äôre using acronyms, be sure to give an explanation, and in doing so you‚Äôll provide an education in the process.
8. Be Patient– It’s a virtue and not many of us are willing to go through what develops patience.¬† In case you‚Äôre wondering, that‚Äôs trials and tribulations.¬† Anytime you deal with anyone outside of your sphere, you will need to suppress any annoyance that may result from that interaction. Remember that you are their to take care of their needs; not the other way around.
9. Train Staff to Resolve Conflict– There is nothing worse than having an untrained individual helping you resolve a thorny issue. A well-trained customer-centric team member skilled in resolving difficult issues is a must for proper customer care.
10. Put Yourself in Their Shoes– This reminds me of the golden rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.¬† The same is¬†true for customer service: give the service you‚Äôd like to receive. Make sure your attitude and thoughts are on providing the best service possible.
These are¬† great customer service tips which will help you separate yourself from the pack and¬† enable your organization to¬† stand out from your competition.¬† Providing great customer service gives you the opportunity to provide a customer with a ¬†WOW moment, which forges a lasting relationship.